1. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Character Concepts you wished would work in D&D?

A few things I feel are missing:

1. Summoner. I've brought it up many times on this and other forums, and so many folks are like "Duh, Shepherd Druid", but that's not what I'm getting at at all. The Summoner has a single summoned creature it can summon and upgrade with levels, and the summoner themselves has access to exclusively buff/support spells to augment/enhance the abilities of their summoned ally. The Summoned creature, rather than the Summoner, scales with player level, while the Summoner grows in less noticeably ways: spell progression most notably, other features would revolve around concepts like riding your summoned ally as a mount, summoning them faster, and the like.

2. Voodoo magic. Somewhere as a cross between Warlock and Druid. Heavily a mass debuff class, something like light armor, a d8 hit die, and full casting. The Druid spell list has many spells that fit this, but the druid chassis feels very wrong for implementing it, mostly due to the heavy flavor enforcement.

3. Martial class focused on Area Control. Open Hand monk is the closest one thus far, but I imagine it to be more AOE control rather than single target control spread out through multiple attacks.

4. A self-buffing martial class. Blood Hunter has the Mutant subclass that hits this hard and does it well, but in RAW it simply doesn't exist. Even if it were a Barbarian capable of casting buff spells on themselves during a rage, with a small selection of buff spells to choose from (perhaps 1/3 spell progression like EK and AT)
    Last edited by Nagog; 2020-03-29 at 09:49 PM.
    "I may be a Hobgoblin, but the real mythical creature I'm playing is an Ethical Billionaire"