Quote Originally Posted by Forechosen View Post
Personally, I'd love a completely normal, relatively un-skilled, un-trained - yet still heroic class.

Sort of like a few Disney heroes - like Belle or Snow White. Not an exceptional fighter or a brilliant wizard, just a (relatively) ordinary person who *somehow* manages to save the day with the help of their friends.

No idea how it would work, as of course you'd still want the character to level up and be effective. I just *like* the idea of not being great at any magical or martial skill at all - yet being thrown in to that world, and somehow succeeding.

Perhaps as they level up they could get bonuses to 'luck' and 'courage' and 'beating the odds, even though they've got one hundred times less skill than their Fighter companion' - I have no idea!
Considering Rogues are perfectly successful with simple weapons and armor, and don't really do much more than "Attack the guy who is hurting my friend" or "succeed at this random skill that nobody knows but happens to be useful at this critical moment", they could fit the bill quite well.