Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
Most fantasy movies tend to take themselves very seriously, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. A certain recent series took itself extremely seriously, and ponderous gravitas seems to be the overall trend.

But what about fantasy movies and series that are more lighthearted? I’m thinking in the vein of Princess Bride, which has just enough depth amidst all the silly. I haven’t seen Baron Munchausen, but I have a feeling it’s along the same lines.

Are there any others that have a lighter and/or comedic tone? Specifically live-action movies or TV series, and I should clarify I’m looking for those which are light and comedic on purpose, rather than from cheesy gravitas gone wrong.

The movie adaptations of Discworld novels certainly qualify, and Labyrinth has to be included. What else is there along those lines?
It's not set in a fantasy world but both Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile (the sequel to the former) are both hilarious, fantasy-esque (there's legends and myths and such) movies. Both worth a watch. I remember enjoying Jewel of the Nile more than Romancing the Stone.