1. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Character Concepts you wished would work in D&D?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetakya View Post
    That's kinda what I imagined with a Strength-based Inquisitive. Expertise in Athletics and Investigation, proficient in History. Scans the environment and abuses it for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by D&D_Fan View Post
    Could also be a Blood Mage class.
    That is one of the things that is needed. A lot of the stuff mentioned on the thread could be done with some minor majiggering of feats, attributes, and mechanics, or even just a loose theme concept.

But a Blood Mage would definitely need its own mechanics, and might even go so far as to need a full class.

If there was a "Blood Hunter" class released, I'd imagine it'd be a "Bloodletter" class with "Hunter" being one of the subclasses (along with Mage, Healer, Summoner, etc). Make it like a Cleric, where your core mechanics (Blood Magic) is universal for everyone, but your unique Blood Magic theme and playstyle are defined at level 1.

Otherwise, Blood Magic could be a Barbarian, Sorcerer or Druid subclass without too much work.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-03-31 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!