Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
But I did it! Yay! Bloodborne 100% completed.
Congratulations! Now do it without cheating.

Both the Watchdog and the Bloodletting Beast are incredibly frustrating single-player because they never give openings. You dodge their attacks for ages, then the instant you go to close the distance they do an undodgeable attack that kills you. Having a summon would indeed trivialize the boss. You have to wait for 5 minutes until you finally bait the one 100% safe attack, get a single hit in, then back off for another 5 minutes. For the Watchdog I think I actually overleveled my Vitality to the point where I could survive a single attack. I had something like 65-70 Vitality.

All this talk prompted me to start up the game again myself. I've made it to Rom in the Lower Pthumeru Chalice, and I'm remembering just how frustrating the Chalice bosses can be. It's not like Dark Souls 2 or 3 where the bosses will combo you to death or keep after you without giving you a chance to heal. The bosses simply one shot you. I've got 30 Vitality and taking Rom's meteor shower is an instakill.

I put myself through it once and managed to full clear every Chalice dungeon with no summons. This was pre-DLC too so no broken DLC weapons to help out - all done with the Chikage. I think I can remain proud of that and set the game aside again now that I've reacquainted myself with the Blade of Mercy.