Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
1) There is a lot of swimming involved and the rules in the actual adventure path conflict with the rules in the book
2) there are a lot of DR opponents in the first few parts and not a whole lot of ways to punch through that DR
3) items are very rare and you don't get as many as one would normally expect (i guess this is related to 2... or is 2 related to this?)

Just wondering what exactly i have to look forward to and if what I have found about it is close to accurate.
1) there's swimming involved if the party WANTS to swim. Generally swimming is discouraged or glossed over, save the times when an aquatic opponent drags you over. Early adventure there's a deep pool of water that you can cross optionally, and in the late game there's two different approaches to a dungeon, one of which is by water. You might even miss both these things.

2) I can't really recall many DR heavy enemies at inappropriate times (not including boss encounters which are meant to be hard). But the first two adventure sets are killer, and the third has a fairly easy character death baked in if you're not careful. In general things get rolling DR-wise when you get to the island but that's to be expected, this is an adventure about demons.

3) There's plenty of good items in the later game, including an easy to miss but frankly likely to find (as its in a natural resting point) weapon that will make you very happy. But the gold for the game is pretty free flowing in the middle point and once you get to the point you can teleport back to Sasserine (if you have casters) you're in a good place to spend that money. General advice, always aim for doing the most to help and completing the most side objectives, they'll yield the most gold.

And join affiliations if you have them, they provide the DM a strong stance to engage you and the adventures have little hooks and side quests for the affiliations created for the adventure

If you're playing with the Emerald Crest or Azure Cathedral (or FR-specific affiliations the Rundeen and the Order of the Flying Hunt) you'll need your own motivations and ways to advance your score, but there's a nice feeling when you're a coliseum champ or a respected government representative or noted wizard that's really rewarding from a roleplaying sense.