Hmm, I kind of wish they'd saved it all for April 18th or just lumped it into last week's reveal. Why wait a week to tease a box for the Lumineth Realmlords that we already figured would come, with no new models being shown? Don't want to be super negative. I like that the Treeman's vines look like the grills of a football helmet, which was a nice touch. I'm not sure what to expect from a Gargant army. I remember when the plastic giant kit came out, it was such a big deal.

So Ogors and Gargants, despite using models from Fantasy, are completely indigenous to the mortal realms? Like we have to pretend that the old Giant kit is now a son of a zodiacal godbeast? Where did the new Ogors come from?

It's one thing I'm struggling with my Seraphon. The fact that the Old Ones were supposed to have built the realmgates, for example - but in the old world they were already a forgotten memory. No first-generation Slann remained, and second generation were incredibly rare. In the new Seraphon lore, the Old Ones created the realmgates in the Age of Myth, and the Slann helped out. Were there new generation of Slann that were spawned inbetween, and it just happens that they are exactly as rare now as they were in the Old World?

It would be a bit easier if it was a complete reboot, I think - having these distinct, specific ties to the history of the Old World makes it harder to suspend my disbelief for these kinds of continuity errors.

That said, I'm totally on board for the new setting. I've been reading the lore in the second edition rulebook and it's really great stuff. I've already decided my Seraphon are based out of the deserts of Aqshy and have been painting them up to look like bearded dragons. I'm into it. But where was the Slann in my army spawned? In the Old World, or in the Mortal Realms during the Age of Myth?