1. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Chapter 1 Winds of Change in a Sea of luck

Spoiler: Knowledge Local on Crystal wood
    Show

Note for each separate thing you want to learn you have to make a roll, in this case I am going to go with the most immediate, Crystal wood as it is where you are at this moment, and I will use your single profession check on Wallace Magnus
    • Things you could roll a knowledge check for to learn
    • Shakibaii
    • Novus Portus
    • Forkarth
    • Wallace Magnus
    • The Arcturus
    • Crystal wood

Spoiler: Crystal wood information from a 9 being rolled
    Show

Crystal wood is a small port you have heard of in your travels aboard the Dynames about a days travel inland from the main port city of Novus Portus. It's main export is ore from the Wynset Mountain range found less then a days travel from the city. Sadly you are unaware of much else about the city for the Dynames never traveled that far upriver due to its size.

Spoiler: Captain Wallace Magnus information from a roll of 14
    Show
    While you had never meet the man before three days ago you had often heard tales of his exploits. Many a sailor who joined your Mother's crew would talk about the captain who would never let his crew do something he felt to dangerous. Since he was old enough to walk the great captain had enlisted in the navy of the Swordwatch Empire, and served for a good twenty five years before buying himself a boat and settling down to a much simpler lifestyle. At first he simply did it for fun, bringing goods from Crystal Wood all the way to Norvus Portus, however soon many a young sailor came to join and learn under the old captain and so he began teaching the next generation as he put it. Even in civilian life the Captain has not lived a dull life, having fought off pirates more times then people can count, and having lost the amount of people he can count on a single hand in all these years.

Captain Wallace listen’s to the excitement in your voice as you exclaim how great it was to be on your first voyage on your own, a slight smile being seen under his bushy white beard. “I know what you mean lad. I have lived so long at sea I honestly don’t believe I could sleep on dry land even if I was forced to. There’s just nothing like the smell of the sea and the rocking of a ship below your feet.” He agrees as he lifts hand up to his parted beard in thought to the second part of your reply.

“Well I doubt we will be leaving port for at least the next two, possibly three days. Have to restock supplies, visit a few old friends, and see who needs their goods transported so how about you go enjoy yourself for a little while. After all I doubt you have ever been to a smaller port before, it’s not like those big cities that your Mother likes to stick to. Everyone is a lot closer knit, kind of like how you get when you sail with the same crew for a good amount of time.” He explains to you kindly as he lifts one of his large, callused hands, up to his beard as he strokes it in thought for a few moments.

“If you are looking for a place to stay the night, get a few drinks, eat some food I would suggest the Dismal Whale, Agatha may not have the best manners, however you won’t find a better cook for the price she charges. There’s also the blacksmith’s shop in town, a small little place next to the river gate on the north east side. Run by a good strong dwarf, and if I’m not mistaken Zeniki’s brother is an apprentice there.” The captain says trying to think of things to do. “If you see any noble looking people don’t get involved just stay out of there way, they all think their **** don’t stink and that the working man has no place besides to make them richer. And until I introduce you, I would stay away from the merchant’s guild starting up here as well. They are almost as cutthroat as the noble’s if you don’t know the right person. If you’re looking for prayer and solace, or just some healing potions you could stop by the temple of Valkur, they are a good lot who worship the sea in all its glory. However most of their priests serve aboard ships as their surgeons or chaplains and so I can’t really say who’s manning the old temple at the moment. But there is always at least one there.” He says waiting to see if any of those interested you.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-04-04 at 09:17 PM.