Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
No there isn't. They don't look like High Elves at all. Unless you've been tricked by the white-and-blue paint scheme.
You really don't see the similarities between this and this? I've thinking in particular the tear-drop shaped blades, the tall helmets, the robe-like armour, and the runic/moon-shaped iconography - not saying it's a copy, but I can certainly see where the new models reference the old ones.

I think that GW is stuck with the licence, and there's nothing they can do about it. If they don't do anything, they lose the licence.
You're absolutely right, but I'm going to ask a question which I think is quite pertinent: So what?

What else is happened with the LotR licence that makes that important? There are no new films planned, no animated series, no stage show, not even a Netflix-exclusive series like The Witcher or Castlevania... Why is holding on to LotR so important? I genuinely don't believe it makes them any profit any more, and holding on to the licence just for the sake of doing so is hardly a guarantee of quality. Surely an inferior product means less sales, which means greater loss, which means even less quality... It's a downward spiral that's waiting to happen, if it isn't already.

Feels like making Codex: [Faction] Knights. It's totally unnecessary, and at best, you might want one Knight Gargant, to put as an Ally into your army. And for that, you have to buy an entire book.
I can at least see why there's a niche for that, in AoS. Typical GW price-gouging on needing the books, of course, but it's not a completely vestigial choice.
It would have been far more interesting if that had gone with dragons or some kind of high-fantasy equivalent, perhaps, since I can't say that giants are that interesting, but then I'm not an AoS player so maybe there is something in the fandom for them

No, no, no.
COVID is not making you buy things.
If COVID wasn't a thing, you totally would buy everything...Right?
Yeah. It's all COVID's fault.
This is what I find contradictory. CORVID-19 related lockdowns have, in western Europe, only been a thing for about a month or so - less in the UK where GW is based and hardly at all in the USA where their other big facility is. Can they only plan up to 6 weeks in advance for all of their new releases?

I guess what it really means is that Psychic Awakening: Pariah has probably already been written and printed, and is probably on a boat from China as we speak. Customs and delays due to lockdown aside, they know that it exists and now it's just a matter of release and distribution, so they can talk about it as much as they like.
The reason we can't have Psychic Awakening book #9 for Harlequins and Deathwatch is because, on top of their writers and play-testers being in isolation, they can't place an order to get it made and have no way to get it to Nottingham. Which seems like folly to me - by the end of May lockdown will *probably* come to an end, and everyone is going to rush out to spend money and make up for lost time, so why not ensure that there's a product ready and waiting for them?