Laz in Lichbusting Adventures!
Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
Laz in Lichbusting Adventures!

While Laz can only look around a few seconds before she's interrupted she will find something of interest. It's no vent or other opening but symbols resembling eyes carved all over the so otherwise perfect surface of the vessle, shortly followed by a strange feeling of being watched.
What's possibly is cutting her search are two events.

1. First, the monolith ship starts to move underneath her.
2. Secondly, a moment later there's a loud thud nearby, sounding like metal hitting metal.

If she turns in the direction of the sound she will see that monolith ship have started to slowly back off from the VIGIL skyship and that one of the metal pit fiends have jumped onboard it. Either forced off the skyship by the adventurers or returning for some other reason.

Oh great, a big metal *******. Nothing even remotely edible there. Not that consuming demons is generally considered a very good idea anyway, but I mean, you know...Anyway, Saint Lazarus tightens her grip on her sword and narrows her eyes. Can't see a damned thing with this stupid helmet on, though, so she rips it off and tosses it into the sea below. Helmets aren't that expensive, and she's sure VIGIL will compensate her for it later.

"Hey f***face!" she calls out to the pit fiend, minding her footing as she waits for it to notice her. With her helmet discarded, it's now plain to see that the bird that bloodied her earlier has completely ruined the left side of her face. I really doubt she can see anything at all with that eye, but on a more positive note, her teeth are significantly sharper than they were a few minutes ago, and the whites of her eyes have all but vanished, replaced by a murky dark red.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you! Open the door or I'm smashing a hole in the roof with your corpse," she promises, sounding exceptionally confident in her ability to do exactly that, in spite of the blatantly obvious difference in size between herself and the massive metal fiend.