1. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

Quote Originally Posted by col_impact View Post
    In my build I pick Div Wizard, do sorcerors get something that competes with 8 portent dice in Tier 3-4 play?
    Spoiler: going a little off topic
    Show
    I'd probably go with bladesinger instead (assuming I had good rolled stats to justify the mc in the first place). I'd want the extra attack to start justifying smiting a bit, and bladesong would surely help with concentration (though upon reading your next posts, you seem to have something specific in mind, so maybe the paladin dip works in some way I haven't imagined; I am guessing it has to do with gear). In fact, with half decent stats for the needs of this mc, I think I would actually prefer bladesinger over sorcerer for the 2 level paladin dip. Then again, I don't think a 2 lvl paladin offers much when added to anything (though this is really a more general conversation about the value of going nova). There might be the odd fight here and there, or the odd party composition from time to time, which would make it a not so terrible idea (still inferior to multiple other dips of that magnitude IMO), but from a character optimization perspective I find it a pretty bad idea. I'd rather not go into the why, cause this conversation has been done to death.
    Last edited by Corran; 2020-04-06 at 10:25 AM.
    Hacks!