View Single Post

Thread: Pan-aeons: a God Game

1. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Timorin felt a boat arrive on the Twilight Isle and knew the one had come.

Timorin brought all of the citizens of the island to the Twilight Grove. The grove held representatives of all races of the cult. The gods that were invited to the sanctification would already be present and the entire Masquerade would be present in one form or another. Most would be using the masks to view the coronation and passing it along to their section of the cult. The other gods had been called. They were invited to come to this ceremony and celebrate and told that Timorin would tell them about the mysterious artifact after the party.

In the center of the grove are a number of artifacts Timorin had made for his people over the years, displayed on a great altar made over the centuries with shamanism and amberis. Timorin’s digivice sat flanked by the scroll for the Path of Emotion and the Map of Masquerade, all of which sat before a glowing crown that shone with the same light that lit all the waters beneath the shadow veil. Hanging behind the crown was the mask of Timorin’s Hope.

Timorin's Lust stood next to the altar with the Staff of Shadows in their hand. A look from Timorin set them into motion summoning shadows. The shadows began circling the grove, gaining speed as they moved. They would work to fill those present with emotion throughout the ceremony.

Timorin turned to Nerassus and whispered in his ear. None present could yet hear what he said but after the fact, Nerassus encouraged Indiana to give Timorin the mysterious blade. Taking it into his hand, Timorin moved to stand before the altar.

”Friends, allies, cultists. In the earliest stage of my existence I found a home and a joy among these islands and these people. In exchange for what they gave me, what I didn’t appreciate at the time, I gave them a crown.” Timorin steps to the side so that all may see the Lucent Crown. ”I made a promise to the pygmies of these islands that one day someone would put on this crown and not be corrupted by its influence. Someone who they could follow because they know that they will lead them to a better tomorrow rather than being forced by any entity. Now, after over a millenia of waiting and searching for the one to come, they have arrived.”

A gentle murmur swept the crowd as they looked around, all of them hoping for a chance to see who would be chosen. All went quiet when Timorin spoke again.

”The person knows not yet that they are the one who has been chosen. So let me put it plainly. I seek the one who remembers what it’s like to not be worthy of wearing the crown. One who woke to learn the lesson of the crown from their own shallow grave. I seek the one who was there when the shadows you see around you were formed. One who served on the masquerade and paid a terrible price for it. I seek the one who has felt their life leave their body, only to have been deemed worthy by my sacred flower. One who bears a mark on their palm to remind them of the death they narrowly avoided.” At this point, Timorin’s eyes stop scanning the crowd and lock onto that of a young girl, not even twenty years of age. ”I seek Thalia the Soul Bound.”

Thalia was shaking with fear as she locked eyes with Timorin. This couldn’t be right. She wasn’t leadership material. She had barely begun on her journeys through the Path of Soul and sorcery. This couldn’t be right. Yet who else could it be. Her memories of her past lives had been very clear. She remembered it all. The crown, the grave, the shadows, the masks, the war, the lily. She had been through every experience sacred in the history of their people. If not for this, why had she felt compelled to come here. She steeled her resolve and stepped toward Timorin. “I am Thalia the Soul Bound, of the Greyscale Tribe.” Once she was standing before Timorin, she knelt. “I am at your service my lord.”

Timorin smiled. She would not be bowing for long. ”Centuries worth of blood has been shed over the promise you are about to fulfill. It is only fitting I do the same. Hold out your palm.” Timorin takes the mysterious knife in his left hand and makes a cut to match the scar on Thalia’s hand where she had been given the Roulily. Then he used his bleeding hand to lift the crown, which began absorbing the blood into itself. Then he handed it to Thalia and said, ”Stand my child, for I do not expect you to kneel before me. Take the mantle which is yours by right.”

Slowly, taking the crown in both hands, Thalia stood and faced the crowd. Shaking slightly, she placed the crown on her head. For a moment, the grove is still. The cultists expected to feel compelled to kneel and serve, as they always did when the crown was used. It takes them a few moments to realize nothing is happening. They don’t have to bow to her. They don’t have to serve her. Then, one by one, they began to Kneel until every member of the cult had knelt before her.

”All hail Thalia the Soul Bound. First Hope of Timorin.”

After taking a moment to take up the mask that was offered her, Thalia said, “Stand my people. Let us celebrate.”

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Action:
    75AP. Create Demigod. 18AP/14DC
    The Hope Of Timoirn +2 Sacrifice/-2 (TBDBH)
    This demigod is not a single person. When I immortalize them, it will not be immortalizing the person. Both will belong to the office. Unless people plan to kill my hope this turn, explaining how it works to become Timorin’s Hope can wait for the full chosen people action. In the meantime, the sacrifice domain is about giving up something for the greater good or the good of others. The office is not one that can be gained by the corrupt. It is a sacrifice made by the wearer. No longer is Thalia able to speak for herself. She must speak and think for her whole people. She is the political leader of the reef (and unaligned cult sects) and the religious leader of the cult as a whole. The domain shall be applied to actions that involve someone giving up something of theirs to aid others in getting what they need.

+2 Blood: Timorin’s blood was used to seal the covenant. The Hope of Timorin shall have a sense for when and how much blood is shed nearby.
    +2 Twilight Archipelago: The archipelago is the sacred land and base power for The Hope of Timorin.The office is tied to it. They shall always be able to return to it in an instant.
    +1 Asylum: Timorin’s Hope shall protect those in need. They can sense pacts for asylum and when they are broken. They will be a force for enforcing them and punishing either side for betraying it.
    +1 Games: After having been blessed by the Roulily, it becomes clear that the Hope of Timorin has exceptional luck in matters of chance. The most common use of this is in games of chance. They will always have unnatural luck in things where skill plays no factor and the luck is disproportionate to the importance.
    +2 Drama: Timorin’s hope is an extension of his will and power. As such they will naturally gain the powers of the path of emotion without having to travel it. This is over time, the same amount of time it would normally take to travel the path, it just happens automatically in office and doesn't count as travelling if.
    +2 War: The Hope of Timorin serves many roles among the cult. First is to serve and defend them. They are the military leader of the cult as well as the religious leader. Warriors (as in Transmuters) within sight of her can stretch their Mana a little farther.
    -2 Fear: Thalia’s fear at taking up the mantle is overwhelming. Those who take up this office shall always be haunted and motivated by the fear that they aren’t worthy of it.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-04-09 at 04:00 AM.