Thal-Verys, The Twilight Isle

During the coronation Thal-Verys had managed to somewhat hide in the crowd — as well as she could hide anywhere, at least — but as soon as Timorin's speech was finished she stepped out in front of the god and his newly chosen Hope. She let her sun flare up enough to call attention to herself and as the crowd fell silent once more she spoke up.

"Greetings, First Hope of Timorin", she said, bowing her head enough to show respect without submission. "I am Thal-Verys, Shepherd of the Passing and servant of Ymon-Thal, the First Beginning and Final End."

She stopped for a few moments and when she spoke again her voice was barely above a whisper. "I... know what it's like to be chosen by a god for a mission, a duty, that seems so much larger than yourself. It's a terrifying privilege. I wish you well, Thalia of the Greyscale Tribe. May the gods grant you luck and courage."

Spoiler: Help Timorin
Show

Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys grants the Hope of Timorin two gifts. First of all a long life (+ 2 Life), the current Hope will live longer (as in, a decade or two) than most of his or her species if not killed by violence or an accident. The second is the ability to see into another's* soul (+ 2 Souls), not knowing their thoughts but getting a good sense of their feelings and — perhaps most importantly — knowing if the person is trustworthy or not.

(* Works only on mortal souls)