1. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: What is the best Pathfinder AP to Solo as Necromancer (Both RP and Mech)?

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Carrion crown would be a rough choice anyhow; "burn the witch" would be an issue, at least in the parts I have played.

Red hand of doom from 3.5 could probably work. The 3pp way if the wicked would likely work well, but I haven't played it.
    Ah, I'm glad I'm not missing out on Carrion Crown then! I've never heard of Red Hand of Doom but thanks for letting me know about it! Gonna have to find that. And Way of the Wicked could definitely work, but alas that is one of the few AP's I've actually played, so I plan on running my 'no, I can't kill them, maybe they're misunderstood' fiance through it instead. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Your best bet is to talk to your GM and the rest of your party out of game first. That covers the intraparty conflict side of things (which is the most important consideration)
    I know I wrote a lot but I definitely mentioned at the top of the post it would be me and my fiance playing, with her DMing for me, and specifically said at the end that this would be a solo game and not to be concerned about being able to actually play the game. So pretty much everything about the party stuff kind of seems... strange? Like you read my topic and not my post.

You should be able to play this concept out in almost any AP.
    So... tldr? Listen man, if you didn't want to read my post, that's fine, but responding to a thread you definitely didn't read is kind of rude. The whole point of this thread isn't 'can I play in a Pathfinder AP with a necromancer'. It's 'which game is best to play a necromancer from a roleplay, story, mechanical and thematic perspective'? As someone whose never gotten the chance to play this infamous class in D&D I want the most bang for my buck.

If you have some info on that I'd appreciate it but, otherwise, I think I'm good on the whole 'party conflict', considering it's a party of me and my undead minions, and GM conflict, given that it's my fiance who regularly DM's for me. Thanks though. At the very least you've inspired me to change my topic for those that think my post was tldr.

You probably can't be good-aligned - non-good characters are still capable of heroism, and adventuring alongside good parties.
    More of a side argument here, since I settled on LN. There is literally nothing saying someone can't be both good and a necromancer. Certainly there's a lot to suggest that someone being a necromancer who is evil is by and far the most common option, but between various cultures viewing things differently, various RP options to play a necromancer with specific RP ideals or codes about their power, the alignment system itself being fairly fluid and open to interpretation, and literally no consequences for casting evil spells all the time for a good character it's pretty much a non-issue.
    Last edited by M. Arillius; 2020-04-06 at 05:25 PM.