Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
@Raz: I don't know if this is your intent but Kimmiko's Mom kind of gives me the kind of vibe you get from a particularly bad stage mother: A Narcissist living vicariously through her kid with no regards for the kids well being.
hit the nail on the head. her time in the spotlight wasn't real good, and she could never figure out fuinjutsu herself, so places all her expectations on Kimiko to somehow make everything better and surpass expectations because Kimiko has proven she can at least once. mixed with a Dragon-Blooded Dynast-esque mindset of "she needs a harsh and thorough education to be someone this society/clan/whatever needs" with being the leader of a shadow of the former clan and all the expectations that come with that....well there is no doubt in my mind that Mitsuko loves Kimiko, its just that due to the culture and circumstances, its the kind of strict twisted love that only a society constantly at war could ever consider reasonable.

obviously when her position changes....so will her mind, because she will no longer be the one in control.