View Single Post

Thread: IC Savage Tides (Take 2)

1. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IC Savage Tides (Take 2)

The intriguing letter didn't specify an exact time, so Xeshanth doesn't see a need for unseemly haste, but he knows enough about the lives and customs of Sasserine nobility to make sure he isn't late. His young apprentice in tow, the pale blue-skinned man enters. When he sees familiar faces, he smiles and greets them in his usual friendly manner. "Good evening, gentlemen! I see we have been summoned to the same time and place, presumably to the same end..." "Yes, yes!" The young elf by his side interrupts him excitedly. "Hi, guys! Surely this must be for something important! And it could be fun!"

Xeshanth turns to his apprentice, frowning slightly, and responds in a calm, but somber tone. "I can't predict how important this is, but I would suggest you don't call it fun yet, Onwyn. Haven't you heard? Both her parents, Lord Verik and Lady Larissa Vanderboren, recently perished in a tragic fire on their ship. Surely, this is a time for mourning for the unfortunate Lady Lavinia. And quite possibly a complicated one, too. The family has long run a highly successful ocean-going trade company. Now, Lady Lavinia inherits this business unexpectedly, along with her young brother Lord Vanthus. If I allow myself to speculate, I would say the help she seeks has to do with this situation, and possibly also with the tragedy of her parents' passing."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2020-04-07 at 09:08 AM.