View Single Post

Thread: Pan-aeons: a God Game

1. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Avestra, The Masked Isle

From behind Timorin, out stepped a striking woman with flowing raven hair and a fierce expression. If any mortal present had somehow been alive and around Al-Sinai over a millennia ago, they might have recognised her as the woman last seen stepping into Khan Ormotag's hut before divine justice was brought down on him.

"On behalf of nature, I present you with this." She handed Thalia a gleaming amberis horn. "Blew on the horn and all the natural world and I will come to your aid. But only once, so use it wisely."

Spoiler: Help!
    Show

Assist Timorin to create his demigod with 2+ Nature by giving Thalia the Horn of the Wild. The horn is designed so that only Timorin's Hope may blow into it and produce a noise. For one time only, when it is blown in a time of danger, Avestra and all the natural world will come to the holder's aid.

~

Some time later

Kismet, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

Just as Kismet had hoped, Hazel and Aspen were only too keen to introduce their friends to the exotic forest they had discovered. It wasn't long before all the children of the tribe knew about the secret hideout, accessible only through a log which no grown adult was slender enough to crawl through. Other than their discretion, the only rule which Kismet had emphasised was that they must stay within the bounds of the island and the lake surrounding it. The moment any Crow child set foot on another part of the Diviworld, they would be outside Avestra's protection and anything could happen to them.

Content his work was done, Kismet skipped back through Sunset Forest until he reached Avestra's Perch. Unseen to anyone else, the Great Crow herself was perched on the tree, apparently asleep. Kismet knew better. He swung up onto the perch and climbed until he was face-to-face with the resting avian.

"I did it," the small spirit said in her ear. "They all know about the portal now."

Avestra opened a single eye, regarding him coolly.

"Good," she said, shutting her eye again.

"So, am I..."

"No," Avestra said shortly. "You have not yet repaid your debt to the forest. I have one more task for you."

"I thought you might say that," Kismet said, pouting.

"Go to the village of Xinka on the edges of the Toran Savannah. There you will find a young woman named Inyoni. Keep watch over her and ensure no harm comes to her until I arrive."

"A tallhead?" Kismet exclaimed. Those were his favourite. "Is she pretty?"

"You'll have to find out for yourself," Avestra said, stretching her wings. "I have business to attend to."
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-04-07 at 04:50 PM.