View Single Post

Thread: Pan-aeons: a God Game

1. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post

After taking a moment to take up the mask that was offered her, Thalia said, “Stand my people. Let us celebrate.”

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Action:
    76BP. Create Demigod. 18AP/14DC
    The Hope Of Timoirn +2 Sacrifice/-2 (TBDBH)
    This demigod is not a single person. When I immortalize them, it will not be immortalizing the person. Both will belong to the office. Unless people plan to kill my hope this turn, explaining how it works to become Timorin’s Hope can wait for the full chosen people action. In the meantime, the sacrifice domain is about giving up something for the greater good or the good of others. The office is not one that can be gained by the corrupt. It is a sacrifice made by the wearer. No longer is Thalia able to speak for herself. She must speak and think for her whole people. She is the political leader of the reef (and unaligned cult sects) and the religious leader of the cult as a whole. The domain shall be applied to actions that involve someone giving up something of theirs to aid others in getting what they need.

+2 Blood: Timorin’s blood was used to seal the covenant. The Hope of Timorin shall have a sense for when and how much blood is shed nearby.
    +2 Twilight Archipelago: The archipelago is the sacred land and base power for The Hope of Timorin.The office is tied to it. They shall always be able to return to it in an instant.
    +1 Asylum: Timorin’s Hope shall protect those in need. They can sense pacts for asylum and when they are broken. They will be a force for enforcing them and punishing either side for betraying it.
    +1 Games: After having been blessed by the Roulily, it becomes clear that the Hope of Timorin has exceptional luck in matters of chance. The most common use of this is in games of chance. They will always have unnatural luck in things where skill plays no factor and the luck is disproportionate to the importance.
    +2 Drama: Timorin’s hope is an extension of his will and power. As such they will naturally gain the powers of the path of emotion without having to travel it. This is over time, the same amount of time it would normally take to travel the path, it just happens automatically in office and doesn't count as travelling if.
    +2 War: The Hope of Timorin serves many roles among the cult. First is to serve and defend them. They are the military leader of the cult as well as the religious leader. Warriors (as in Transmuters) within sight of her can stretch their Mana a little farther.
    -2 Fear: Thalia’s fear at taking up the mantle is overwhelming. Those who take up this office shall always be haunted and motivated by the fear that they aren’t worthy of it.
    Valrion had like when Rosalin been presented in that party so long ago, hidden themselves in humble robes of grey and a small demeanor (very small considering the average sized person at the ceremony). The only notable object on them was the small golden axe they carried on their side. They clapped and cheered when the crowed did so, though for those looking directly at Valrion would see that their eyes looked emotionless, and that they were staring at the staff often having disappointment be the only thing to cross their face.

When the new office of Hope was established and they were having gods, demi-gods, and others speak to them; Valrion waited with all the mortals to finally speak to Hope. Finally they were able to speak with Thalia, but before doing so made eye contact for a moment with Timorin whom already knew of Valrion's presence.

"Good tidings to you Hope Thalia, I am emperor Valrion and come into these cursed lands in the name of the One Above All, Yir." As they said this they grew in stature, all the way to their true size, and their axe grew with them to the size where it was two-handed for Valrion. Staring down at Thalia Valrion's eyes were orbs of gold. "I am the harbinger of the fate of reckless sacrifice, I know the price of giving one's all for something, even if you accept it-" their lips curled in disgust "and I will NOT allow it to happen if I can. By Will Above are you judge, by MY will am I the executioner. If you or any of those that take up the office after you sacrifice needlessly, I shall be there in the name of freedom and justice.

Shifting their axe towards the staff Valrion's eyes returned to normal full of open sadness and disappointment, tears being held back. "Timorin has shown no true remorse for his hideous crimes, indeed, he takes pride in them. You... you can do better than him and use power responsibly, everyone can, even if you don't think so. I promise that you have the potential. Just try, please? Hold Caution in your heart."

And with that Valrion left in a streak of light, watching the rest of the ceremony from far away.

Spoiler: Hinder
    Show
    +2 Sun and +2 Giant: The sun judges the actions of the office of Hope, when those in power use it to create or aid unnecessary or cruel sacrifices then Valrion will appear and immediately cut off their head (or otherwise instantly destroy them) in a manner that bypasses the divine defenses they have. Blood sacrifices always count as unnecessary and cruel. This affect only works once an age.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-07 at 08:34 PM.