If, in the annals of history, Jens' words were simply to have been recorded without any description as to how he said them (much, in fact, as was above), one would think Jens was reasonable throughout, and attempted - possibly through slow, constant speech and eye contact - to have calmed the man in a manner that might make an ambassador envious.

And, as it is, it starts out that way, but the longer Jens goes, the more he takes on a wicked hard edge. Behind his words, almost in-between the lines and the way he says them once he really builds steam, is a sense of "or else." It is so perfectly delivered, reeling all of you in at first into his soft, calm voice, that when he is through, there is only one among you that does not feel fear .... and even Dorn might feel some concern for whatever road Jens is traveling down. Or, in light of today's revelations, what road he is returning to?

Either way, it is so impressive a feat, that Elgrior's ranting stops. "Yes, I'm sorry. I'm done. I'll go." And with that he races from the party, tossing his signboard off as he goes as it was slowing his movement.

Now what?