Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
Carrion crown would be a rough choice anyhow; "burn the witch" would be an issue, at least in the parts I have played.
... The 3pp way if the wicked would likely work well, but I haven't played it.
to expand for the OP...

Carrion Crown would definitely work (might have to scale stuff down). The basic part of the story that kickstarts the rest is this old researcher guy dies (murdered) and you (PC) was mentioned in the will. This guy did a lot of traveling where he, somehow, met you and he researched dark and wicked things (for only knowledge as i recall).

Your necromancer will have no shortage of dead things to fight, summon or bind. Problem is that the country is both filled with undead and anti undead sentiments; if you look like a necromancer you won't survive long in a town without an army.

Way of the Wicked will definitely need to be powered down. Apart from the first book the AP is not kind to underpowered (or even average) PCs and nearly everything you face relevant to the plot gets a bonus to fight you (or just your minions if still LN). Also non evil characters might not enjoy selling their soul near the end of book one... it's not explicit but blood oaths are present.