Jaheira and Khalid slip off to their room quietly, any discussion they might have had together was kept silent until they had left the room. They were truthful, best as you could tell, in what they told you, though they were clearly not entirely forthcoming.

Melian -
"Aye, no doubt we can furnish you with those." Bentley replies. "Spellcasting I take it? I dabbled a bit in my early days but my wife was always the expert. This keep used to be a stronghold for a cleric of Bhaal. Evil witch terrorised the countryside for years. Well, me, my wife and my friends decided we'd had enough and-" One of the men at the bars interrupts with a 'Here we go again!" "Shut up lad, it's a good story!" Bentley yells back jovially, but with a bit of red to his cheeks. "Well to cut a long story short, we killed the cleric and claimed the keep. So we retired from adventuring, me and my wife. You probably saw the temple outside - she's the head cleric there. My friends are still around and they stop in on the regular." You weren't quite sure when he'd sent off the request for the materials, but no sooner had he finished speaking that a server arrived holding the requested items out to you. For all its rambunctious atmosphere, the inn seemed to be ran like a well-oiled machine.

Aintas -
"Head south and you'll hit Beregost in about a day. Keep going and you'll hit Nashkel in another. You can't miss it if you tried, and believe me I've seen some people who've tried!" Bentley replies with a laugh that's matched by those at the bar. "As for work you'd have better luck going south than sitting around here - most folk just come and go rather than putting up notices. Ah! There was one though - Joia, lass who helps out at the stables, lives in one of the houses you passed by, she got robbed a few days back by some hobgoblins and needed some hands to help get her ring back." He pauses thoughtfully. "Trouble is she's got no money to make payment with, since she got robbed and all, so most folk turn their nose up at it."

Spoiler: Rooms
Show
Your rooms, three adjacent, are off to one side on the third floor accessed by a side staircase. Each is roughly 20' wide and 40' long with two beds, two chests for storage, a desk and two stools, and of course a large tub to be filled with hot water (at request) for bathing. At the end of the hallway leading to the rooms are two toilets. The beds are fluffy and spacious. Bentley's finances must have been impressive to furnish rooms like this, but he wouldn't be the first adventurer-turned-landowner who had bags of money on hand.