To be honest, in pathfinder i made a very effective archer going straight fighter. was originally going to go into arcane archer, but changed my mind. only made it to level 12.
feat selection: point blank shot, precise shot, rapid shot, weapon focus, weapon specialization, cluster shot(damage reduction applies only once to your shots), many shot, deadly aim, far shot (halve range penalties), improved critical, greater weapon focus, greater weapon specialization.
weapon training was for Bows.
had a +5 longbow, campaign had the house rule that dexterity applied to ranged damage. this resulted in me getting a +24 to damage for each arrow and i was getting 6 attacks a round after activating a belt that cast haste as a 5th level caster. dexterity was 24 after magic items and level boost. also had bracer that increased the bonus from weapon training by 2.
against most cr 11 monsters, i only missed on a 1 and dealt an average of 171 damage a round to such targets. I threw out the power curve of the campaign, so i started to plan to take some less powerful choices so other characters could catch up. we had a cleric who played as a healbot, a forsaker, and a bard/cavalier battle herald. then he got lycanthropy.