1: Gelel, it seems like it's only the massive vein of it that powerful and it is kind of on an entirely different continent. Otherwise, it just seems like it grants a healing factor, extended longevity, and power comparable to a ninja.

2: I think the concept works even if the execution is trash.

3: Yeah, that makes sense.

With my first proposed drug, the drawback is the same as the intended effect: Senko i injecting someone with enough natural energy o trigger a transformation into her corrupted "Sage Beast" form, either to deliberately enter the form or to turn someone to stone. Using it on herself... Well, she's only going to do that if there's a worse alternative. On others, there's always the possibility that they have a strong enough body, enough raw power, or good enough chakra control to avoid being overwhelmed by it and now she's started an enemy down the path of Senjutsu.

With the other, it's mostly a supplemental thing: Take by mouth once a day and X will happen. A means of slowly building up power, within reason, slightly faster than normal and artificially increasing your "upper limits." The drawback is that it's slow to work.