Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Banderas is perfect for Scoundrel. That he's aging is just fine. I like the idea of Gibson for Tarquin, but Garcia is also a good fit. But for me the best fit would be Jean Claude van Damme.

For Roy's grandfather, how about Morgan Freeman?
The Freeman idea is so perfect that it's almost typecasting. How about the recently introduced sister? There are an abundance of young black actresses, such as Camille Hyde (Alexandra Cabot on "Katy Keene") and Ashley Nichole Williams (Abigail Bellweather on "Motherland: Fort Salem").

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
It's both complicated and political, so I won't go to deep into the explanation, but "yes and no". In the US, "hispanic origin" definition ranges from "only former Spanish colonies" (note this excludes not just Spain, but Brasil too) to "everywhere south of the US plus Spain and Portugal".

Banderas is both white and hispanic. Which is why when the Oscars tried to count him as a PoC, it went down badly. But I see no reason why he wouldn't fit Julio's character.

Grey Wolf
Interesting; thank you for the explanation. My best friend is a Cuban woman who evacuated by plane in the late '50s (both her parents were in the transitional government between the Batista and Castro regimes), and she's as white as anybody I've ever met. On the other hand, Portugal (oddly) and Spain really fall into the Mediterranean category with Italy and Greece, so I can see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
If we could grab actors at any point in their life for this, I would suggest Danny Kaye for Elan.
Oh, he'd be a great choice!