1. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    No - that's simply not true. You do not get to define a language to suit your needs (nor do I, obviously). Language is a living thing, and words mean what people decide they mean. As such, I'm positive you're aware that opposite sides of a conflict will call what the other side is doing murder.

Actual use of the word defines it's meaning - not a textbook definition.
    Yeah, but no one here uses that term how you use it. So I don't see it your point. I can say murder means a gathering of bikers, does that mean language has evolved - NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    So .... before someone wrote that law, there couldn't be murder. By definition.
    Yes. It's not a murder. Just some guy killing another.

It's like saying Cannibalism is a crime.
    From your PoV - yes.
    PoV of someone in Ancient Greece - yes.
    From PoV of someone who grew in Papua New Guinea, it's a sign of respect. For someone in Africa, cannibalism is a part of life.

Any highly debatable thing was at some point probably done by some society. Context dictates which behavior survives. Surviving Behavior is encoded into traditions. Traditions become morality.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    The relevant bit is if its outside of the rules right now. SD did technically start a new round for everyone.
    And im quite certain the Angels wished they could enforce Demiurges :D
    My impression was that only those down in the ring can strike at the emperor. I guess it depends on rules-lawyering. Are White Chain, Cio, Alison in the ring?

Angels aren't suicidal I think (other than White Chain). If Alison strikes now, she and anyone that defends her are dead, barring interruptions.

EDIT: Corrected, ritual eating was in Papua New Guinea. Not in Africa.
    Last edited by -D-; 2020-04-18 at 09:49 AM.