View Single Post

Thread: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Astarieth, Judgement

Carl smiles at the question, seemingly pleased with his tenant's questions.

"Nah, not likely. Some cops might want a cut if they think they can pin something on you, but they usually stay away from here unless they're after the Burnt or on a job for the Burnt.
    Well, one word of advice: if a guy with a burn scar-but, like, fancy, almost like a tattoo--on his cheek or temple shows up, treat them with respect.

"Anyway, good luck. Call me if something breaks."

Spoiler: Resonance
    Show

Although what he says isn't as extreme as he states, it's close. Several cops are being paid off in one way or another (cash, drugs, girls, blackmail), but some good/clean ones are trying to shut down the Burnt. It's dicey.

For the decorative scarring: that is the mark of higher-leadership in the Burnt. The Truth reveals that some leaders--mostly demons who don't want to mar their vessel--don't have it, but most of the leadership does. Not all are in-the-know about the War, but they at least know something strange is up, and they're all horrible people in one way or another. Disrespecting them will likely lead to firery retribution (or a good fight, since you are stronger than the average human.)

EDIT: also, while he'll probably fix important stuff that's broken, he might be slow about it and won't care about flickering lights, a dripping faucet, or a leaky toilet, or other "stupid stuff they should just deal with themselves", as he's said before to tenants.

Spoiler: OOC/for DoctorFaustus
    Show
    I'm thinking up a client to come by, but realize Inian might be contacting you first. Since this is an extra weekend update, I"ll wait on the client until Monday to let y'all chat.

Camael, Redemption

Brittany looks a little uncertain for a moment. Carol perhaps shares the glance, as her Resonance also fails. Neither one is used to their read failing, but Brittany looks to shake it off as bad luck. Besides, a mortal who can resist being charmed is usually of more value once they are finally netted.

She smiles flirtatiously at Carol's comments, while the man again rolls his eyes dramatically. But her smile grows more devious and perhaps sincere as the questions come. The man looks slightly bored.

Brittany speaks first. "No recording us and no video, but I don't mind you taking notes." She also writes down a number on a bar napkin and hands it over. "And in case you have further questions or... anything else."

"Well, I worked the streets for a while, doing small jobs for people, usually stressed businessmen, bored husbands, or crooked cops. Helped them relax. But when the new, ahem, club started up, I was able to organize some of my other workers and get us all in with better pay and benefits."

The man laughs, his response eschewing the side-talk Carol and Brittany are using. "Yeah, she was a whore, and now she's a pimp. As for me, my buddy is a high-ranking dude, so I get to toy around and do what I want. It's fun.
    As for others, well, people gotta work, right, and not much business as easy as ours. And we get discounts on beer and drugs."

As he's talking, Brittany is staring at him livid with rage. He laughs at her, then says, "Cool it, Brittany. You can have her for all I care, but I at least get to steal a little bit of your thunder." He pirouttes towards Carol, does a faux-gentlemanly bow with a removal of his pretend hat, and moves to kiss your hand.
    "Been fun meeting you. Look out for that whore's fangs."
    The he starts to move on, chuckling.

Spoiler: Resonance failed
    Show

Your Resonance on her failed, so you can't do it (either usage) again on her for at least one hour. You can use it on the man or someone else, still.

Also, rolling Perception for you. If it's a success, I'll note what you notice
    (3d6)[1][2][6](9)

And for an NPC: (3d6)[3][3][2](8)

Carol notices that, after the kiss (accepted or rejected) ,his hand quite deftly moves into purse and retrieves her wallet as he walks pass her to leave.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-04-18 at 09:24 PM.