https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

Posted some of my thoughts in the 40k thread, but there's plenty of AoS stuff in here worth talking about.

My biggest gripe right now is the Lumineth slow drip. Like, we all know the army is coming, we all know it's going to be different than what we all thought now that we've seen giant cows and hammer-wielding aelves, just dump the whole faction and be done with it. Two weeks and we get... a new Wizard. Lots of detail, and the story behind her is intriguing, but really? Show everything and let us have something to consume during lockdown, let people plan paint schemes and stuff. I just find it a bit frustrating.

Gargants are kind of a meh for me. I think the models look great, the detail is pretty ace, and the amount of bits will be crazy, but... was anyone really chomping at the bit to play mono-Gargants? Destruction already has a solo-monster faction in the Beastclaw side of Ogor Mawtribes, and I think those big beasties look way cooler than the Gargants. They're cool, I'm not mad about it, but it's a pretty hard pass on my side. I'm glad people who want them are happy, though.

The Warcry models are great, but my main interest is in what this means for the game as a whole. Are we going to get a full year "season" of Order warbands? One from each Realm, like we got for Chaos? If they all stay at the level of Cities of Sigmar linemen (Freeguild, Dark Aelves, High Aelves, Dispossessed, Wanderers) and are just themed to each Realm, I think that could be a really interesting style that matches well with the Chaos teams.

I like the Snotling BB team. I get that people wanted the existing factions, and I kind of want some High Elf or Vampire models, but I'm not mad over the release. And it's kinda cool to get a break from teams we already know to get something new. Hit and miss at the same time.