I honestly consider it a bit of a coin toss as to how treaties might go. The biggest issue being potential profit and increase in power. If, for example, we discovered that 50 feet below the surface the moon is actually made entirely of an odd mix of gold and oil, there would be a LOT of hullabaloo over who gets to go there and dig for it as it would represent lord knows how much gain for whoever manages to lay claim to it. If the moon is a barely tolerable stop gap location for further space expansion, in other words, only just better enough than earth itself, and has little to no resources worth arguing over, then there isnt likely to be a large amount of strict regulation and a more ad hoc agreement to let other nations use the base if they want to try their hand at deep space missions too. And of course there is always the potential military applications. My moon base needs to have a space laser after all, otherwise, whats the point? That tends to make people get all objectionish about my plans though. "Wah wah wah! You might blow up my nation and I wouldnt be able to stop it! Blah blah blah! I dont WANT to pay you billions to point your laser elsewhere!" You know, little things.