Spoiler: Jeen, RE: Your style
Show
I genuinely like that you're so keen to try appreciating everyone's idea that you give us different little advantages. So, like making Faust intimidating because he's an angel of War, or giving me bits of the Helltongue for the Redemption approach. That makes things more special imo. I also really like that you put effort into thinking up backstories for the NPCs to keep the Mercurian resonance fun, and that there's a much more nuanced world going on than just 'Demons bad, angels good'. Angel politics are neat. This is before we even get into your putting good effort into consistent updates when you realistically can. So I like your style a lot.

Spoiler: summary
Show

a)- mildly freak out over why a Seraphim of Judgement is texting, but focus on what I'm doing instead of checking details. Neat that we're contacting each other though.

b)- take details about what I think is necessary to help the Tether is broad strokes

c)- try to fast talk the mohawk guy into giving back the wallet and apologize to brittany

d)- attempt to supernaturally charm Brittany, through her hand on my shoulder.

e)- attempt to persuade Brittany to continue the interview, through my words.

Saving the newfound number and pocketing the napkin absent-mindedly, Carol's fingers flew effortlessly as the Fire demon was noted as Head of the Leisure Division. The type of clientele she kept, and how a certain club provided a better quality of life for Brittany and those working under her, was added. A notification popped up annoyingly. The briefest glance revealed Tommy S was the texter, as the Mercurian exclusively saved mundane names. Confused about why a Seraphim of Judgement would ever actually text her, especially so soon, she uneasily swiped the notification away. The holiest of holiest rarely ever contacted new contacts lightly, let alone those that typically lead celestial investigations. It didn't help that Dominic was often hostile to Metanoia. A man's laugh broke her out of her thoughts, and she winched when he spoke so harshly about Brittany.

Nodding impassively, Carol typed up a threadbare profile on the man with a mohawk and his additions. Okay, there's a potential financial problem here, in addition to whatever housing issues already exist. Self-destructive habits – so rehabilitation is a potential concern? Easy in for Met, maybe. Fixing this Tether, really helping the souls that are suffering through all this, means a multilevel approach. That little bakery won't cut it. Still, doable.

Carol giggled good-naturedly from her seat when he kissed her hand as a smokescreen to pilfer her wallet. Taking her cue from his behaviour, her non-kissed hand was daintily placed across her heart in faux-demureness. “Ahem, would a kind gentleman return yonder wallet first? Let alone soothe a fair maiden's heart.” She tilted her head gently at an angry Brittany, the look at the unnamed rogue expectant but kindly. “Surely his manners are so refined, his grace too effortless, to leave before revealing himself that grand?

Carol went silent to see what the mysterious mocking man decided he wanted to do. Knowing the hand on her shoulder was likely left there so the fallen celestial would get more opportunities for supernatural attack – the Mercurian rallied her will to pulse feelings of hope and trust and endearment into Brittany. She would need it after the verbal cruelty. Waiting until the well-connected man left, the angel reached up and squeezed the Impudite's hand reassuringly then.

It would have been easy to stir the seductress against the departed man, and twirl details about the Fire Tether out of her through stoking spite. They obviously resented each other on some level. But dividing celestials wasn't going to bring peace any faster, and it wasn't the Redemption way. Placing her phone face down on the table momentarily, she fixed the other red-head with an calm gaze.

They say the best kind of revenge is a life well lived,” Carol began gently. “Him trying to belittle one of the most storied and resilient occupations in the world, let alone when you've clearly earned your place, means you're doing so well others have little to really throw at you. At worst, you're a self-sufficient and motivated woman in a challenging environment. At best, you're an entrepreneur protecting novices in her field. You've already shown you have the self-restraint and tact of a businesswoman, Brittany.

Carol paused. “And if you're willing, I'd love to hear more about that businesswoman's feelings and opinions on things local and popular. Interested?

Spoiler: Mercurian Resonance, Fast Talk on The Guy, Charm on Brittany
Show

1) Mercurian Resonance / Perception on The Guy.

Target Number 8.
(1d6)[3]
(1d6)[4]

Check Digit: (1d6+2)[7]
Mercurian attempt during the kiss for the +2, please.

2) Fast Talk the Guy. Hoping he'll give back the wallet and apologize to Brittany before going.

Target Number 12.

(1d6)[4]
(1d6)[5]

Check Digit: (1d6+6)[12]

3) Charm Resonance / Will on Brittany.

Target Number 12.
(1d6)[1]
(1d6)[3]

Check Digit: (1d6+2)[5]
Getting it from the hand on the shoulder.