1. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Astarieth, Judgment

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    You two willing to be on call should we set up a killroom at my bar?"
    "I'm in."

A bit after everyone is gone, a young woman walks in. She's dressed like an office professional in a nice blouse and middle-length skirt, with glasses and short-cut blond hair. Not the usual cliente, and she looks nervous like she doesn't quite know what she's doing. With one arm nervously rubbing the other, she starts to speak. She sounds on the edge of crying.

"Hi, um... I think I need a loan. Five thousand. I'm sorry, but I haven't been to a place like this before. How does it work?"
    Tommy rises from his desk and offers the woman his handshake, then points her to a chair. "Welcome, ma'am. Tommy Rodriguez. Good to meet you."

"My process is pretty simple. I offer small, short term, fixed repayment emergency loans for people in need of money quickly. I ask you a few a questions. Then I assess your ability and willingness to repay the loan. Based on that assessment, I'll decide whether or not to offer you a loan and we agree on the timeline and amount of the repayment.

It's okay if you decline to answer some of the questions, but that will go down into my assessment of the risk of the loan.

Please be honest and answer my questions truthfully - if I don't have the information or don't trust the information that will affect my decision to offer the loan and the terms."

He delivers the above in a calm, professional tone, hoping to ease some of the woman's discomfort.

"Are you comfortable with that process and would you like to proceed?"

Spoiler: Resonance Roll and interview questions
    Show
    Resonance: (1d6)[3](1d6)[4] Check digit: (1d6)[4] +4 if she accepts his handshake, +3 otherwise (proximity).

Tommy's questions follow, and some clues as to what he's looking for with the resonance. I've marked the information that's just administrative for him, feel free to skip over it. The bolded questions are the ones where he expects the most useful information for his purposes.

(1) "What is your name, a phone number where I can reach you, and an address where I can locate you?"
    - Lies here will clue him into the person. Mostly this is just admin info. Curious if she gives him a home/work/neutral address, big clue into the person. Half expects people to be hesitant about offering the address.

(2) "How do you make your money? About how much money do you make per month? Is this a steady paycheck?"
    - Again, normal admin information, provides clues into the person.

(3) "When do you need the loan, and how long do you think it will take you to repay it?"
    - Admin info

(4) "Why do you need a loan?"
    - Here's the big question that will provide insight into the situation

OPTIONAL (5) "Do you plan to use this money to do anything illegal?"
    - Tommy doesn't always ask this question - often the answer is implied by 4. But if the person is in a talking mood and he doesn't think the person will take offense, he might ask.

(6) "Can you offer anything as security for the loan?"
    - Admin issue, also assesses the person's condition.

(7) "Are you willing to authorize me to run a credit check? If so, please provide me your social security number."
    - See how they respond.

(8) "Are you in any danger to yourself, your income, or legal action?"
    - Dead people and incarcerated people are hard to collect from. Also provides additional context."

(9) "Is there anything else you can think of that can affect your ability to repay this loan?"
    - The catch all question in case he missed anything.

(10) "How will you notify me if your situation or your ability to repay the loan changes?"
    - Check for signs of deceit/if they intend to take the money and run.
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-04-23 at 01:46 PM.