View Single Post

Thread: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

1. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Post Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Spoiler: summary
    Show
    Nothing really happens. Happiness. Sent three texts, one to Mary first saying I'll delay two minutes so hopefully no one sees me hop into her car. Sent the below texts to the other players after. Then left after a two minute delay, presuming everything went well.

Spoiler: text to Asterieth/Tommy
    Show

A text to the Seraphim read afterwards, 'Hi Tom. This is Carol. The nun's friend? Not sure if you texted the wrong number, but I'm good. Doing mundane stuff. Hope you're well.'

Spoiler: text to Adrian/Inian
    Show

'Adrian, hey, it's Carol. Hope you're good! Just a heads up: met someone that invited me to the Gravel Pits tonight. Details in an hour or two. Will share if you want. How's your day been?'

Gravel Pits. Private party.” Her lips rounded into an easy smile. “Fireworks. It's a date.

Carol watched the Burnt gang leader leave, coolly enraptured. Only when she was out of sight did the student grin down at her phone at the entry by experienced hands.

Yes!” she quietly exclaimed to herself.

Picking herself out of the chair only to then stick herself on a stool nearer the door, Carol looked back to her phone. A text to Mary was sent after, 'Did it! Why did you never tell me about Brittany? Delaying so she doesn't see me hop in. Be out in two!' Blithely, she glanced over the text sent by the Seraph so trusted by Dominic that he wasn't chained to a Triad, only to scratch her head confusedly. There were actually two texts. As easy-going a servitor of Judgement as he appeared so far, she still needed a quick reread to confirm there wasn't so much as a hint of accusation or attack in Astareith's words. Both were as mundane as any ever sent a human

It's a miracle,” she muttered to herself, amused.

A text to the Seraphim read afterwards, 'Hi Tom. Carol here. The nun's friend? Not sure if you texted the wrong number, but I'm good. Doing mundane stuff. Hope you're well.'

Only after Carol was certain she hadn't incriminated herself did she finally hit send, and felt her shoulders unbunch afterwards. Her grin reappeared. Various bottles that lined the back of the bar wall were eyed with non-committal cheer, more drawn to the canned beers, gin and other tonics spotted through a mini fridge's clear door behind the bartender. She looked down at her phone one last time, reaffirmed the contact information wasn't a fever dream, and stood up excitedly one last time. A final text was punched out quickly.

'Adrian, hey, it's Carol. Hope you're good! Just a heads up: met someone that invited me to the Gravel Pits tonight. Details in an hour or two. Will share if you want. How's your day been?'

Presuming all went well, Carol left afterwards to get in Mary's car.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-04-23 at 02:15 PM.