1. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a 'who should play this character?' thread, and is it necro?

Is there any reason Roy needs to be a stacked like a bodybuilder? I thought part of his thing was that he had unusually average physical attributes for a fighter.

For the purposes of casting I think the manner is much more important than build, provided the actor's in reasonable shape. Roy's a bit of a challenge because while a comedic character he's also prematurely world-weary and a straight man for most purposes. I'm not sure any of Samuel L. Jackson, Terry Crews or the Rock fit the part, age notwithstanding.

Andre Braugher is too old, but I see him playing Roy rather more convincingly. Among more realistically aged actors who've been mentioned already, I think John Boyega is a decent call.

It's hard to picture live-action individuals playing the characters though for the same reason that Rich decided against an art upgrade for the Julio Scoundrél comic: when you've got used to the characters as stick figures, nothing else will look right.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2020-04-23 at 06:49 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)