Meanwhile, elsewhere in town:

The ghost of a blond-haired girl floats through the wall of a convenience store and looks around. "Candy, candy, candy~! Hmmm, which sort should I pick...? Oh!"

She stops as she stops another ghost... an identical ghost of a blonde-haired girl. She stops too.

"Oh, Susan Three! Fancy seeing you here", the first ghost greets.

The second ghost similarly stopped on her tracks. "Oh, Susan Two! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just came to pick up some candy. You? "

"Funny thing. I also came to pick up some candy."

"Great minds think alike, eh? Hehehe...

"Hehehe..."

The giggling ghost are interrupted by a third voice. "Well well well, who do we have here?"

A slightly antropomorphic tiger is leaning against one of the shelves, sipping a canned soda through a straw. The ghosts turn towards it and beam up.

"Hobbes!"
"Hobbes!"

They shout in excited union. They look like they're about to dash to hug the feline, but stop halfway with questioning looks on their faces.

"Waaaaiiiit. What are you doing here?" , the first ghost ask of the tiger.

"Oh, school ended early, so me and Susan came to buy some candy" , he replies and takes a slurp of his soda. "So what about you two?"

"Oh, we also came to... buy... some candy. Heh.. he..."

The tiger shakes his head. "Tch. Tch. Didn't daddy teach you that stealing is wrong?"

"Yeah..."
"Yeah..."

The ghosts look guiltily at their feet for a moment, but then they perk up.

"Wait a second, you moralizing furbal!" , the second ghost speaks up. "How did you get that soda!?!"

The tiger stops drinking, holds the straw between its claws and looks at the soda can awkwardly. "Uh..."

"Thief! Catch him!"

Meanwhile, willfully oblivious to the imminent commotion, a schoolgirl hands a bag of lollipops to the cashier. "I'd like these, please." The cashier checks the price and takes her cash, completely unaware of two clones of the girl chasing a miniature tiger through the aisles...