1. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a 'who should play this character?' thread, and is it necro?

I see Roy more as a younger Denzel Washington. What he does well is playing the most civilized man on Earth, more grounded characters where you'll really feel the impact when they do finally flip out and get angry. To me that's pretty much Roy.

What Dwayne Johnson does well is play exaggerated main characters. The moment he appears on screen you know that he's just much better than anybody else. He's so bankable because he can do it in a very likable way. You'll still think of him as a nice guy. Arnold Schwarzenegger pulls this off too, while someone like Vin Diesel* or especially Steven Seagal always comes across as a bit of an ******* when they (try to) pull this routine. This is not how I imagine Roy though, he's not clearly the best super main character you should be rooting for around, he's more of a Bruce Willis type man up against impossible odds.

*The great thing about Vin Diesel is that there are actors like Sylvester Stallone who are completely serious about their characters and can give it their all and there are actors like Samual L Jackson who are in on the joke and play things up for fun. Great actors can switch between both depending on the project they're in. Vin Diesel somehow manages to continuously be both types of actor at the same time. It's a mixed bag as far as making good movies is concerned, but it sure is interesting to see.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2020-04-24 at 09:28 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!