11:00 AM

Camael, Redemption

Brittany smiles warmly, if a bit predatorial, before heading out the front door. Flavius follows her out as well.

---

Once back in the car, Mary has a look of concern. "Carol, you okay? You met Brinniah? What do you think of her? You sure she didn't get you--she is an Impudite. And I saw Flavius leaving the bar after her..."
It's obvious that Mary's opinion of Brittany is rather negative.

Inian, War

The servant or Soldier bids Inian well and drives off. He took a few extra turns on the way there and looks like he's doing the same on the way back. Whoever he is, he seems a valuable and skilled member of Jerechial's team.

During the drive, the local radio is talking about the school shooting. The press is estimating at least thirty dead and a hundred wounded, mostly students, though keeping quiet about the exact number of shooters. But it also states that most students have been sent home to their parents.

The Mathers residence looks like a fairly normal middle-class two-story house. Two cars are parked in the driveway.

Astarieth, Judgement

"Yeah... it sounds okay. I'm Sarah Thompson. My number's ###-#### and live at ###."

Spoiler
Show
She's being honest, except that she's not quite okay with the situation but feels like this is her best bet at quietly getting a loan. That is her personal cell and home address.

"I'm a clerk at a bank. Make about 3000 -- I brought a pay stub -- but my husband makes about the same amount. He's at another bank. It's steady work."

"Um... if possible, I really need the money today. I-Is that a problem? We should be able to repay it in a few months. I know some stuff about loans from where I work, so I was hoping maybe $400 or $500 a month. Normally I'd have this money, but we had some car repairs come up recently."

Spoiler
Show
All true, and you perceive their actual income amounts. Things are tight at the moment between the mortgage, car payments, and her daughter's allowance, but she feels she can pay 400-600 a month, mainly by cutting into the allowance.

"Why? Do you really need to know? Uh... Well, it's part of why I'm here, but I'd rather not say. There's a reason I don't want to go to the bank I work at."

Spoiler
Show
All true. She's worried about rumors about why she needs an urgent loan if her or her husband take it out where they work.

Also, I did a Reaction roll and you failed. Otherwise, she'd be a bit more forthcoming.

"Illegal!? No. I'm just paying somebody."

Spoiler
Show
Sort of true. She's not doing anything illegal, but it's in response to illegal extortion on her daughter, Emma. Some lewd photos that will ruin her reputation, and possibly ascribe blame for the shooting, will be publicized if she doesn't pay another student 5000. Basically, her daughter was sorta dating one of the shooters, but laughed at him and sent him photos of her in intimate actions with an older thug-looking man.

The extortioner is a friend of one of the shooters who saw the photo. He's saying he'll publicize it and say part of the reason his friend snapped was this "popular mean girl" playing with his feelings. The 5000 is what he said he'd need to pay for the car he really wants.

"...it's... no, no danger."

Spoiler
Show
She's not completely sure; if the pictures go public, it might hurt her at her job, especially amongst fellow parents. And she's not sure if her daughter might get sued.
Even without Resonance, her tone says she's not completely sure.

"I can repay. And, yes, I'll tell you if I can't."

Spoiler
Show
Both true for #9 and #10. Well, with the same caveat as above that, if she gets fired for her daughter's action or gets legal fees, things could change. She's not meaning to lie, but more trying to be in denial about that.

She looks a bit flustered and angry after the questions, but still desperate and worried.
"Listen. I think I answered your questions. Can you give me the loan or not? There's other agencies nearby if you can't."