Spoiler: summary
Show
Double check with self I'm fine, not charmed. Show Mary the notepad from the bottom (so, including the contact details...). Point out how the whole interview went incredibly well.
Half-defend-ish Brittany, as a target of redemption. Point out that there might be a date now.

Carol jogged excitedly back to the car, grinning when she jumped in. Expecting them to drive away casually, if immediately, she instead got assailed with a worried inquisition by her friend. In the middle of dragging her seat belt into place pointedly, hoping to hint they should leave quickly, she instead hesitated when she was accused of falling under a supernatural charm.

What? No! Definitely not.

The angelic red head clicked the seatbelt distractedly into place, but barely heard it as she focused inwards at her own excitement and joy at all the information she had learned so quickly, the opportunities presented and seized. She had learned more in one morning than the Sword and it's network of Soldiers did in a week. Looking further, she reluctantly rummaged over her feelings to spot something inauthentic, or recognize a desire that didn't belong. She chewed her lip nervously before realizing it wasn't a problem, and finally waved the question off irritably.

Mary, I'm fine, okay? Seriously. Come on, I did it! We did it. Check it out.

Taking out her phone, Carol second-guessed hiding the contact details. Turning the screen towards Mary, Carol herself glanced away as she scrolled the yellow notepad screen upwards from the bottom, giving a sense of the questions asked, and details taken. As much as Carol didn't want to worry Mary more, hiding the contact details from her friend felt worse. They had to trust each other completely to ensure their chances at completely saving souls, let alone building up a Tether.

See? Fresh off the presses. That puts us at three Fire celestials confirmed in one morning, two Burnt questions answered directly by their leaders, and one solid invite to the Gravel Pits this evening! Flavius' personal history included; after party optional.” She spoke with a hint of excitement colouring her otherwise obvious pleasure, even as her arms folded.

And there's a lot going on with Brittany. She's not just confident despite getting forced into her role and being mistreated, she's resourceful enough to get a better quality of life not just for herself, but for the women working under her. It's not perfect, sure. But we shouldn't ignore her for Redemption either.” She shrugged more reluctantly than intended before she continued. “Besides, she asked me out.