View Single Post

Thread: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

1. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Astarieth, Judgment

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    She looks a bit flustered and angry after the questions, but still desperate and worried.
    "Listen. I think I answered your questions. Can you give me the loan or not? There's other agencies nearby if you can't."
    Tommy ignores her discomfiture while he takes a second to think about the loan. First off, her extortioner is really fast off the block after a school shooting to be ready for this. Second off, bluster aside, lady doesn't have many options. She's out of her mind if she thinks that a normal loan shark will accept a loan that takes a year to pay off. Third, this lady probably doesn't have that many hooks into the kind of info Tommy wants, so maybe he can get an angle right now.

"Yes, I can offer you a loan. Terms of repayment are simple. I want $5,500 in 6 months, or $6,500 a year from now - that's about $550 per month. You can pay by month if you want, or a lump sum. I trust you, so this is basically the interest rate from a high credit card. You probably won't find a better deal from any other outfit like me.

I don't have $5,000 on my person right now. Three options - first, I can electronically transfer it to you, but then you'll have to withdraw the cash. Second option, I can put it in your mailbox at the address you gave me this afternoon.

Third, and the option I highly recommend - if you don't want to deal with the payment directly, I can either deliver it or provide you with security for the delivery for a $200 fee paid at the end of the loan. This reduces the risk of having the person you're paying try to leverage you for more.

You didn't come to me asking for help with your car repair bills. You have to pay someone a lot of money very quickly. I deal with unsavory people often. I recommend you take me up on my offer to help with the payment, I have some skills to deal with situations like these."

Tommy really wishes he was a better salesman at times like this. If this lady can give him a clue as to the specific identity of the extortioner then he can press the perpetrator for information...

"So, still interested? If so, how would you like the money?"

While Ms. Thompson thinks about it, Tommy sends a couple texts.

Spoiler: To Carol/Camael
    Show
    <Nope, not the wrong number. Want to meet up and compare notes? Have some potential info you might be interested in.>

Spoiler: To Adrian/Inian
    Show
    <Potential lead on an associate of one of the shooters. More to follow.>

Spoiler: To Malcolm/Ramiel
    Show
    <Lemme know when you got a minute to talk, please.>

Then he gets onto the net and transfers himself the money for the loan from his capital account.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming Tommy has some money for loan capital. If not, he'll have to ask Joanna for some or I'll have to retcon some resource points into a slush fund..
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-04-25 at 12:08 AM.