View Single Post

Thread: Paradox AAR - Saga of the Slavs

1. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Paradox AAR - Saga of the Slavs

Hmm. I don't think I have any way to go back and check the exact numbers anymore, but in terms of their respective manpower, Germany went down to 0 (or actually ran a deficit) while Chernigov still had some left as I recall, which means that Germany bore the worst of the casualties both in absolute numbers and relative to size. Sign of an absolute failure on all levels of leadership, I'm sure.

The war in 1739-1744 was in fact a bit of a mess, but while it ended up being a silly white peace, the Poles didn't take that much damage per se and it mostly boiled over because of the already tense political situation. That being said, people should still remember it relatively well. Thanks for reminding me to address that a bit more in the next chapter.

The one in 1690-1695 is mostly infamous for the Massacre of Mush (I love that province name), where a whole army was caught out of position and wiped out, but it's rather distant memory at this point and the ones who do remember it probably think that a similar outcome can be avoided by better strategy and all the advancements that have been made since then.
    Last edited by SilverLeaf167; 2020-04-26 at 08:37 AM.
    Saga of the Slavs – Paradox Megacampaign AAR (continued at last!)

Sovereign Levander on Steam