1. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Inian, War

Spoiler
    Show
    figured out I should add a touch more for the scene to make sense

As Inian approaches, he also notices another child -- probably between a middle schooler or freshman in high school -- sitting outside the house with a stack of comic books and some textbooks. He's reading leaning against a tree.

Camael, Redemption

Mary sighs, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry, Carol. I- maybe this is why Our Lady has me looking into Soldiers or sorcerers more than demons right now. It's hard for me to believe that Brittany could become good, but that belief, that hope, is what Redemption is about. And it's not like I was any better than her for most of my life. If I can be saved, so could she.
    Thanks for being a good example.

"But a word of advice: I don't know how much she really cares for the other prositutes. She'd laugh about pretending to be their friend and how she'd manipulate them and use them, so I'm hesitant to think she really cares for them. It could be just a gambit for power.
    ...but, well, we can hope I'm wrong."

She goes on to describe Trip's appearance, so Carol can recognize him if he makes an appearance.

"But you got a solid read on Flavius? What's he like, underneath that joke exterior? Oh, and where to now? I guess I should drive us out of this area."

Astarieth, Judgement

The woman looks a touch scared at his offers, and her eyes widen as he catches sight of the sledgehammer 'hiding' in the corner.

"I hadn't considered him asking for more money after. #*@! I should have. Listen: he's a kid, about my daughter's age, so... I hate to say it. I want to strangle his scrawny neck, to be honest, but you shouldn't be too hard on him for just being a selfish brat. But if you can... um... encourage him to really leave us be after the payment. To delete the photos. Um, that's why he wants the money; some photos that'll hurt my daughter.
    Yeah, two hundred extra sounds good.
    He lives at <address>. Name is Francis Malackey. And here's the phone number he texted my daughter with, to demand the money."

Spoiler: Resonance still resonating
    Show

She was so frantic and panicked, after the shooting and the extortion, that she hadn't considered that option.

But The Truth shows you she's telling the truth as far as she knows, but is dead wrong about this 'kid'. He's centuries old, and a vile manipulator of people and others to get what he wants, focused on spreading discord, division, and hatred wherever he can. And perfectly the type to be slain by agents of Judgement.
    He really wants the money as a petty payback, angry that his plans this morning got ruined.

EDIT: oh, and she lying a little, partially to herself even. She'd feel guilty if you killed him or severely maimed him, but would be okay with him being roughed up and part of her wouldn't mind him having broken legs or worse. She's not evil, but she doesn't mind some vengeance on this kid after what he did to her daughter.

And for your money: yeah, makes sense to have reserves like that. Perhaps something Joanna set you up with in the past, but fine.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-04-27 at 11:07 AM.