Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
The Civil War questline was meant to be the single most important thing in the game, and it's apparent in how much of a pain in the ass I've heard working around the Civil War is for modders. Apparently a lot of unexpected **** hooks into it and it can easily mess up mods in certain locations or which change particular NPCs which may have nothing to do with the questline in the actual game but were GOING to at some point and so are "tainted" by the leftovers.
which is ironic, because often its one of the thing I often take care not to start or touch unless I want to do nothing else, as it doesn't give me any reason to play through it, even in vanilla skyrim the first time I played it I felt it was too easy and Ulfric went down so fast that I was like "this is it? this was the big civil war? really? really? what, am I supposed to immediately do this at level one or after slaying the first dragon or something?" there just does not seem to be a reason to even start the quest line, because what am I actually awarded with by doing it? oh, houses of the opposite side. as if I don't have cooler ones from just getting a mod.

the civil war being cut a lot really explains why its this way.