Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Um, I have played that game? I've played *all* of them. The only time limit I remember on the Geoscape in the first game is the natural one imposed by the aliens getting tougher, requiring you to develop your squad to keep up. As for only having fourteen guys, that's a hell of a lot better than only having four--losing one or two troops is a lot easier to handle when you have 14 in the mission (and more back at home base) than it is when you have four in the mission and only five in total, as is the case at the start of Chimera Squad!
Then perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean by timers on the geoscape. There's always been countdowns until things are built, new recruits arrive, science gets done, ect.In chimera squad, I pretty much just see more of the same, albet I'm only halfway through.

14 guys you CANT keep alive (without a LOT of save scumming) and have to pay to replace, vs 4 who can handle anything that gets thrown at them, is a heavy tonal shift. I'm calling back to an earlier complaint about alien hordes vs elite badasses not reflecting the overmatched feel they wanted.