Oh hey, let's do a Custom Robo!

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [5] Trouble At Daimon

Video Length: 19:29

Bit of a short video today, because some stuff happens in this episode that I wanted to keep separated from the rest of what I recorded, and because the game really just didn't give me a great point to stop due to there being no manual saves. The unfortunate truth of this game; as cool as it is that I own a physical copy I probably should have used an emulator for ease of use!

That aside, let's talk about the episode. We head off to Daimon (surprising Lucy with the fact that we got up this early) and... well, we encounter one of the realities of being a bounty hunter. Sometimes you break up a domestic dispute or lovers quarral. Sometimes you walk in on a dead body. And this time, we've encountered the latter. Thankfully, though for a given definition of the term, the police arrive and start to take over... but do request Marcia use her ESPer powers to find out what killed the guy, at least.

Because as it turns out, Marcia is way more psychic than everyone else in this universe, and is capable of hacking into Robo Cubes with her brain. They call it a half-dive, but essentially she can read the remnants of thoughts you had from your cube. Can't control your robo if it registered to you, but CAN take a peak inside your brain. And this goes for if you've died too, she can see your last moments. This was super unsettling to have just suddenly shoved into your face as a kid, and is part of why this game left such a strong impression. Marcia does so, and tells us of a... strange automated robo that seemed alive. That is what killed him, and that... is quite hard to believe from an in universe standpoint.

With that mess handled, we return to base and get our next mission for today; Bogey's got someone ruining his gambling tournament because they keep on sweeping everyone and winning, effectively running Bogey out of business by always betting on himself and getting the pot every time. We go to handle it, but Evil is there first coincidentally and challenges Gyro and Harry to a fight to see who deserves to take on this guy. We beat him, though it's rather rough, and head into the back room for some illegal robo fights! But that'll be for next time...

Mechanics wank time; we got the Metal Grappler last time, and I show off its moves today. It is slow and beefy, with a big spinning melee attack that is actually fairly effective. Typically they only have one big dash (and as I show off here, putting Long Thrust legs on just makes it longer!) so they're not very mobile in the air, but they make up for it by being able to tank a fair amount of damage. In game I kinda lost track of myself due to not being used to this robo and the leg thruster combo I had on, so I ended up getting torn to shreds and STILL survived. In something like a Little Raider or Tricky Flyer I might not have actually won there, so thanks you barrel chested robo friend.

And that's it for today. Like I said, shorter video. Next time however... next time will be fairly lengthy. Hope you all enjoyed, and take care!

------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
I think Darksiders just decided to have its version of the horsemen and change them just because. plague and famine aren't exactly the most gameable concepts ever. not everything has to be 1:1 with the original myth. but then, I don't know Darksiders lore.

Zodi is your sense of time wrong? it did not take you a billion years to do that, it only took you a few seconds longer.

Envy is acting very greedy. wrong sin, try again.
Believe it or not Darksiders lore is actually fairly indepth and well thought out.

Time no longer exists, plague time has consumed all.

So, funny thing about that... I won't spoil it, but things are not what they seem in this game.