Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
"... bribe you? Don't jump the gun, Miss, I didn't get that far yet" , comes a reply with vague undertone of amusement. "I was merely thinking that, if you're a genuine investigator who's been genuinely hired, there ought to be someone paying you some genuine money. But if you're being pranked by my daughter's classmates, all you're going to get paid in is Monopoly money."

"Just thought I'd give you a fair warning before you waste too much time on teenager nonsense. Oh, and if people keep hanging up on you, you probably aren't doing too hot, professionally speaking. Sure you aren't latching to this job because you think it's your last chance to make it?"
"Sir, your concern is appreciated but I consistently make enough money when people hire me to investigate a mysteriously wrecked car or murder- turns out its always a hollow. For being ghosts that feed on the souls of the living, they're not subtle in the least, not surprising given that they're mindless animals. People only hang up when they don't experience a hollow wrecking their lives."
She says in complete seriousness. She really does. Hollows occur frequently enough and cause so much incidental destruction with their jumping and running around that she is honestly surprised that more people aren't investigating them. One would think people would question why the collateral damage from fighting them isn't investigated more, but apparently not.
"However your probably right about the monopoly money thing, they're only a couple years older so I doubt they have an allowance. Which means they're probably not dealing with me fairly like some of those villains in Ronin. Which is bad, they shouldn't do that. So about investigating your daughter to make sure she isn't like some weird proto-hollow threat or something...how much do you want to pay me to make sure you and various people don't die, since your willing?"
She says, ping-ponging back and forth between complete naivete and asking him for a real investigation job.