View Single Post

Thread: 4-elements Monk

1. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 4-elements Monk

Quote Originally Posted by ImproperJustice View Post
    Eeeh, just because I am a Monk, I don’t feel compelled to be in melee.

If I see a T-Rex I would much rather run / fly 90’ around it and plink it to death than charge straight in and get eaten just like that Open Hand Monk just did.....

Different play-styles I assume.
    Monks are really good at hitting people in melee without being in melee, though. If nothing else, you can Disengage as a bonus action. Subclasses, on the other hand, can give you more tools - I think the only published subclass that can't forcibly remove themselves from melee are Sun Soul Monks (because they're supposed to stay at range).

Though it makes me kinda sad that Four Element Monks don't get thematic cantrips like Shocking Grasp...

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    Speaking as an interested DM here: what Xanathar's or EE spells are you most annoyed to miss out on? Magic Stone? Erupting Earth?
    I can't speak for Zuras, but I'd love to get the Investiture of Flame/Ice/Stone/Wind spells as Disciplines.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2020-05-11 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!