~Don't shoot me, I'm dancin' / don't shoot me, I'm dancin' / can't shoot me when I'm dancin' / can't stop the top!~

No, I will never apologize for dragging The Megas into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffilius
CG Staffilius Kalashtar darksong knight fighter 6
Spoiler: Background
Show
I don’t remember so much of my birthplace, I was kidnapped by these strange elves with black skin as a slave in their caves. Then one day some other elves with the strange skin saved me from the slavery they were elf with dark skin good, of a deity they called Eilistraee , so I helped them to gain my freedom. When we arrived in surface they said I was a kalashtar, and that among them there were someone who used a style similar to the one of some kalashtar, a form of dancing. I tried to dance and it was funny but I wanted to help them against my ex slayer, so I mixed the way of a fighter with the way of a dancer! I’m a fighter that do fighting thing dancing and using the weak quarterstaff!
*Some months later *
Two knigths of Eilistrae are talking ”Damn he beat me again!” .
”Of which are you talking?” “Of Staffilius, I can’t hit him , and if I miss he attacks me ”
”Yeah I know and if you hit him he attacks again”
” I would like to know how he trained for a so particular style… his weapon is not good , we are fighter we use swords axes and something similar, not a quarterstaff!”
”It seems that he trained in the dance to use that style… is a dancing fighter! Even if dancing is not in our skills generally”

Spoiler: Stats
Show

Stat [Point buy
Strength 14 6
Dexterity 16 10
Constitution 14 6
Intelligence 14 6
Wisdom 12 4
Charisma 8 0
4th level point to dexterity

Spoiler: Build
Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1st Drow Figther +1 +2 +0 +0 Perform (dance) 2, Knowledge (religion ) 1, Knowledge (the planes) 1, Spot 2, Listen 2, Climb 4 Guerrila scout, Weapon finesse Bonus feat , hit and run tactics
2nd Darsksong knight figther +2 +3 +0 +0 Perform dance 5, Knowledge religion 1, Knowledge the planes 1, Spot 2, Listen 2, Climb 5 Combat Expertise Bonus feat, dancing feint
3rd Fighter +3 +3 +1 +1 Perfom dance 6 , Knowledge religion 1, Knowledge the planes 1, Spot 3, Listen 2, Climb 6 Path of Shadow
4th Fighter +4 +4 +1 +1 Perform dance 6, Knowledge religion 1, Knowledge the planes 2, Spot 3 Listen 3, Climb 7 Dodge Bonus feat
5th Figther +5 +4 +1 +1 Perform dance 6, Knowledge religion 1, Knowledge the planes 2, Spot 4, Listen 3, Climb 8 , Trick learned (Corner perch)
6th Darksong Knigth figther +6 +5 +2 +2 Perform dance 8, Knowledge religion 1, Knowledge the planes 1, Listen 4 ,Spot 4, Climb 9 Dancing with shadows Resolute ACF, Favored enemy (yochols)
Cross class skill for this level (only when I put ranks in that skill it will be bold)
Spoiler: Epic feats
Show

1° Weapon focus (quarterstaff)
2°Two weapon fighting
3° Quick staff
4° Combat reflexes
5° Riposte
6° Karmic strike
7° Expert tactician
8° Sense weakness
9° Improved two weapon fighting
10° Double hit

Spoiler: Tactics
Show
Spoiler: Level 1
Show
We don’t have so much of strength so the best way to do damage at this level is using hit and run tactics, it will mainly work when we start of initiative or using a greatsword two handed , because we can do this and hoping to strike . The first feat is quite useful guerrilla scout, because it permits us to put ranks in spot and listen as if they were class skills, excepts that the limit remains (3+ level)/2 as a cross class skill. It boost initiative and is good because it has a synergy with hit and run tactics. The second feat is useful in the next level because we will use a quarterstaff and we have more dexterity than strength. The skills are a bit strange but we need for the future especially perform dance

Spoiler: Level 2,3
Show
In these level we enter in the darksong knight order , and while perform dance is a class skill we put many ranks as we can, because is useful for us. The first feat that we take that require perform dance is path of shadow, but let’s talk about the other feat instead of a feat tax. Combat expertise is essential for this build, and for now it give us a boost to our AC (remember we doesn’t have heavy armor so with this we can still have a good AC) We are more a meat shield than other for now in the party using our constitution and our 3d10 of hitpoints is not bad

Spoiler: Level 6
Show
Until this level we doesn’t gain anything extraordinary , because dodge is useful but is another feat tax , and corner perch is taken because we could use this when we had to climb or when there are buildings somewhat common in d&d, especially in cities or even in naturals caves We gain even a favored enemy , and for that we have knowledge planes, because we should know something about yochols to fight them, but the most important thing about this substitution level is… Having again perform dance as a class skill! This permit us to take a feat that is quite useful dancing with shadows that has three functions . First if we use combat expertise we gain a bonus to the will saves that is not bad considering our low saves , second if we used combat expertise one time we gain a bonus to attack roll that permit us to attack in a normal way without any penalties but still gaining the combat expertise bonus and third if we used combat expertise two consecutive times we gain a bonus to our AC that can be added to combat expertise and if we combine all of these we have a good bastion that gain combat expertise bonus two time, without even losing a point in the attack roll (after two turns where we used combat expertise) so this is quite good but is not all. This feat is so much useful that is why we have taken the darksong knight levels , as we could not have taken it without these figther levels (at least not combining it with a full BAB class). We are using even the resolute ACF that is useful because as figther we don’t have a so good will saves , so in this way we can gain a +3 bonus to will reducing our bonus to hit with flowing motion (from dancing with shadows) that gives us a boost of +2 to will saves in addition

Spoiler: Epic 1 , 2 , 3
Show
Now we take the second essential feat to this build quick staff , and this is a good boost but let’s explain. The maneuver graceful lunge give us the dodge bonus that we gained with combat expertise at the attack roll . But quick staff boost the bonus of combat expertise of 2 if we are using a quarterstaff as we are doing so now if we use combat expertise with a penalty of -5 we gain a +7 to attack rolls of the turn , so is a neat +2 bonus to attack rolls, if we use the same penalty each time, but we could even do something lower as penalty in the first turn to strike in a better way to use hit and run tactics, or something lower in the second turn to strike in a better way with the full attack. The bonus of quick staff would negate the -2 of two weapon figthing if we are using each time the same penalty with combat expertise and even in this case is quite good.

Spoiler: Epic 4, 5, 6
Show
As we are using so much dexterity is a good idea even to use the AOO so we take combat reflexes to make more AOO , but in which way we can do AOO against our enemies? There are two ways, the first is good because we have a high AC and is riposte, when they miss us we make an AOO against them so is good, but is only one AOO and for this we use karmic strike, because if they strike us (and luckily our good constitution will help us if they hit) we make another AOO so other damage but not only that because as the next feats we take

Spoiler: Epic 7 , 8
Show
Expert tactician! This feat is so useful , for each hit we make during an attack of opportunity we give to our allies and to us a bonus against that enemy and is good, more damage and more bonus to attack roll, and is based on the hits not on the number of AOO(this is for later). But we still have a problem called damage reduction, as there are many types, and even if our equipment could help us the damage reduction from material for example is still a nasty thing with a low damage weapon as the quarterstaff, so we take Sense weakness, that should block the more common DR 5 as we can ignore these. We could even attack some objects and ignore 5 point of hardness but that is somewhat more rare than ignore a DR

Spoiler: Epic 9, 10
Show
Now expert tactician give a boost based on the hit during an attack of opportunity , so to be more useful we should make more hits during an AoO and this is why we take double hit, because in this way we can do more attacks so more bonus to each one, but to take that feat we need a useful feat that will help us during the full attacks doing more attacks , improved two weapon fighting and we qualify for this feat with the boost of the 4th level to dexterity and because we have full bab

Spoiler: Numbers on this build
Show
Hit points 10 + 5d10+12=49.5
Initiative 3 +1 (guerrilla scout)+2 (hit and run tactics)=6
Attack rolls (without combat expertise)= 6+3 (dexterity)+1(weapon focus)=10
Attack roll mininum (generally 1° round of combat)= 10 – 5 (combat expertise)= 5
Attack roll maximum (counting combat expertise -2 and graceful lunge + 7)=10 +5=15
Ac without anything =10+5 (plate mail)+3 (dexterity)=18
AC counting karmic strike , dodge, and combat expertise (-5) and karmic strike =18+1+7(5+2 from quick staff)-4 (karmic strike)=23
Maximum AC with karmic strike (using lingering defense)=18+1 +7+7-4 =29 (the two 7s are from combat expertise with quick staff and lingering defense)
These numbers are without counting expert tactician that would give even a bigger boost for each hit during an attack of opportunity( and I make two attacks for AoO because double hit)
saves
fortitude 7 (5 base+2 constitution)
reflex 5 (2 base+3 dexterity)
will (with resolute and flowing motion) 9 (2 base +2 wisdom +3 resolute ACF +2 flowing motion)

Spoiler: Sources
Show

From SRD
Figther, Combat expertise, dodge, two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting, combat reflexes, Weapon finesse, weapon focus
From Dragon magazine compendium
Riposte
From Champions of valor
Darksong knight alternative levels
From Races of Eberron
Kalashtar, Path of Shadow, Dancing with shadows
From Drow of the Underdark
Hit and run tactics ACF
From Complete Warrior
Karmic strike, Quick staff
From Heroes of battle
Guerrilla scout