1. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds

The Templar of Time

Echo Knight 3 / Hexblade 17

This is a twist on the classic Hexblade 17/ Fighter 3 multiclass utilizing the new Echo Knight subclass from Wildmount. As always, adding action surge to a hexblade gives great nova potential, but it's even better with the Echo knight's extra attack and the ability to do it from 30' away. Then I picked spells to give it a theme because I think that's always more fun. And the nova is spectacular. I recently did 277HP of damage in one round to an AC 22 opponent.

He was one of the best slave soldiers in Mulhorand. Anhur, the great god of war, looked upon him favorably and made him a Templar of Time. Even though he was a slave, he was respected and had a good life, leading armies for his priest-king. When slavery was abolished recently, he was offered a great sum of money by his former owner to stay and continue to fight, but he declined, thanked his former master, and left his homeland to explore the world. Since then, he has been wandering the world, looking for his own adventure on his own terms.

Half-elf starting stats of 8,13,15,10,10,15 become 8,14,16,10,10,17

First take 3 levels of echo knight for Manifest Echo and Unleash Incarnation
    At level 5 (Warlock 2), you use eldritch blast with agonizing blast or a greatsword.
    At level 8, (Warlock 5), thirsting blade gives you second attack

Like many multiclass builds, this build is a little behind from levels 5-7. But unleash incarnation and action surge let you keep up somewhat and at level 8, thirsting blade gets you your second attack. It might level better as Fighter 1, Warlock 5, Fighter 3, Warlock X, but I like the flavor of getting Echo knight earlier.

Feats/ASIs at warlock level (you can take these in any order you want)
    4. Elven Accuracy
    8. GWM
    12. +2 Cha
    16. Sentinel

Invocations
    Agonizing Blast
    Thirsting Blade
    Eldritch Smite
    One with the Shadows -> Shroud of Shadow
    Whispers of the Grave
    Lifedrinker
    Visions of Distant Realms

Spells
    Reflavor spells and invocations as manipulating time. Have your character summon versions of himself, allies and former enemies from alternate doomed timelines to help him in battle (Manifest Echo, Accursed Specter, Summon Greater Demon). He can see brief glimpses of the future (Arcane Eye, Scrying, and Foresight), can stop time to rearrange a battlefield (Fly, Scatter), or just stop time for others (Hold Person/Monster, Hypnotic Pattern, Feeblemind), and can send others to alternate timelines (Banishment, Banishing Smite) or talk to their past selves (Speak with Dead). He can also disappear from this timeline (Invisibility, Shadow of Moil and Etherealness), and sometimes change the past (Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Remove Curse).

Final Build
    At level 20, you can nova for 5 attacks (thirsting blade, action surge 1/SR, and unleash incarnation 3/LR) all with elven accuracy, lifedrinker and great weapon master and all from your echo while you are 30’ away. Add banishing smite and an eldritch smite on if needed. As I said before, I recently did 277HP of damage in one round to an AC 22 opponent.

Use foresight or shadow of moil to get advantage which turns into triple advantage. Earlier you could use darkness/devil’s sight for the advantage.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-01-27 at 06:46 AM.