1. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Well, I'm glad someone made the swamp characters jokes I was thinking of.

Yeah, if there's anything I wish Halo 1 did better, it was signposting. There's a lot of not quite making it clear where you're supposed to go, unfortunately. Waypoints are only used, like... a half-dozen times. Of all the things from the later games that I miss, it's that... and being able to make the Ghost go zoom to better knock over people.

So, hey, fun fact... when I was playing this mission, my game was a little laggy, so the Jenkins model got caught on a tree when the Marines were entering the structure. So all I saw for that part of the cutscene was foliage.

"Bad feeling about this" was Star Wars.

The Paranoid Marine you 'subdued' back there wasn't any of the named members of the squad - he's just known as Paranoid Marine. (And, fun fact, counts as neither ally nor enemy in the game's code.)

One thing I hate about the remastered version... there's virtually none of the aesthetic left. It's just another clean, bright alien base. No foreboding lighting. Just one tiny patch of blood on the walls. In fact, pretty much any time there's any blood or anything - that is 100% almost guaranteed to just be in the original and not the remastered graphics. It's stupid, because it takes the whole atmosphere away.

Anyways, yeah, this is a good moment - I had a friend who had zero idea that Halo would have a tone-shift, and she was all "oh, god, what is that, slappy-boys, agh!" And it was great. Because I knew about them before playing, so seeing someone's pure, visceral reaction to it... that was awesome.

Edit: Also, yeah, looks like the game and strength/numbers of enemis is not altered based on presence or absence of Co-op.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-05-13 at 11:48 AM.