"Masala, don't confuse pragmatism with cold-heartedness. I fully expect that the world assembly will cave the second I inform them that their choice to make themselves out enemies will cost their people our protection. Maybe I'll telepathically broadcast my decision to the entire planet, along with images of a lot of us fighting off the Orc invasion and using the Dragon Balls to resurrect the entire planet."

"You know, make sure that literally everyone knows that it was the stupidity of their representatives that put them all in danger."

"I mean, the point of heroism is that its a choice, isn't it? It's not heroism if someone makes you do it."

"You're not kind becuase you help people, you help people becuase you're kind. No one is entitled to your help, it's your gift, freely given, and likewise, your right not to give it, becuase there are people who can and will take advantage of your kindness."

"There are people who will see you help others and assume that it's your job to help others instead of your pleasure to help. They kick you, spit on your, curse you, but still expect you to help them when they need it. They'll feel entitled to it. The worst of them will demand that you help them instead of others becuase they are obviously so much more important than anyone else."

"Think of this of nipping that kind of thought in the bud. We're making it clear that we protect the Earth becuase we want to, not out of obligation and that we can and will refuse our services to those who would go out of heir way to antagonize us. Best case scenario, they fold immediately. Worst case scenario, they stick to their guns even after I make the announcement to the world and take away the Dragon Balls, we proceed with the trial, and if Jade is found guilty... Well, the second the Earth gets invaded... Which I give another week, tops, the rate we run into trouble, they'll be falling over themselves to get back into our good graces."

"I'm not asking you not to be a hero. I'm asking you to restrain yourself momentarily to teach the World Assembly a lesson about picking fights with the people who protect them from external threats."

"...Have you ever seen an animated movie called 'a Bug' Life?' It' ancient history in my time but only a few years old in Jade's. A hive of ants are pestered every year by a plague of grasshoppers who take a good chunk of their food as a tribute before the ants finally rebel? Sounds like a great movie about standing up to Tyrants and bullies... Until you realize that its the logical end result of a single hard-working ant sharing the fruits of her labor with the lazy grasshopper who didn't prepare for winter."