Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
Zaratii speaks to the Gold kin in Draconic. If the two-legs didn't bother to learn the noble language, they didn't get to understand what they say to each other.

"These ingrates are uneducated, sister. They know not our dignified tongue, nor even a dragon's egg when they see one. Or several. I indicated my own hunger and they seem reluctant to provide. I was considering simply killing and eating them, but there are some more at the mouth of our confines. More than a clutch of hatchlings could be expected to devour."

Then she returns her attentions to the humanoids and speaks in tongues.

"Dragons hatch hungry."

Again, minimal words. They had yet to prove to be worth more.
The humanoid looks at you carefully as you speak to your ally. Dull though they may be, he does read your body language and tone surprisingly well for a lesser being. “There’s a wide jungle out there of food. But I suppose you and your kin are not yet able to fend for yourselves...” He stands upright and in a calm tone, looks over to the two nervous humanoids by the fire. “Mua, Kalla, let’s leave the little ones a single crate of food. We should have enough for the rest of the trip. And make sure we demand more from those Tabaxi when we deliver the rest. Gems are one thing, but dragons? That’s more dangerous than I want to take on.” The two seem... shocked, but nod, still watching you now four, cautiously, especially as the red dragon begins speaking so loudly and appears agitated.