Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
I suddenly remember a theory that the pokedex entries themselves are like Ripley's facts in order to encourage users (Children) to collect more while it really harvest complex biometric and genetic information. As such, they really shouldn't be trusted.
Personally I find it much easier to assume that the Pokédex is just exactly what the professor says, an empty encyclopedia in which you, a ten year old, record information about your catches.

Pokédex entries are written by a kid who just got a new pet and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

The device pre-filled with information on every species feels very much like an anime inventions, and even there I'd argue that it probably just spits out the information that the video game kid wrote down, because that's how professors roll.

Oh, and I think the original super-dark theory was that Gary's Raticate died as a result of the SS Anne battle.
Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
That one doesn't really hold up since he uses it in a later fight.
No he does not. He also says to Red: "Your Pokémon don't look dead! I can at least make them faint!". This could mean a lot of things, but one of those things is this theory.